I’ve decided to start a blog about all kinds of things in my life. Here’s a quick list of things to know about me.
- I go to school in Massachusetts
- I have a younger brother and younger sister
- I have a cat named Dobby (yes, like in Harry Potter)
- I love French
- Family is the most important part of my life
- Let me elaborate: I have a wonderful family, I love them very much and like I said I have two younger siblings and two parents. I have a huge extended family that supports each other and gathers to see each other every two years. I do know that not everyone has an amazing family like I do, but in that case I would say, you can choose your family. I don’t suggest leaving your family – unless your family is abusive, or unfit to care for you (minors) – but you can choose another family, one that loves you for you. My only piece of advice in that is don’t find your entire family on a social media site. It is a great way to meet people and have good relationships, but physical support is just as important as emotional and mental support
- I want to study abroad in the UK or France
- I don’t care who you are in terms of race, religion, class, sexuality, gender, etc; however, I do understand that all of those things are important parts of identity and so I acknowledge everyone and everyone’s differences because at the end of the day acknowledging everyone’s truth is the most crucial thing any of us will do
- I consider myself a moderate democrat (but I’m not a huge fan of online political debates, so I mostly stick to being neutral)
- Even though it sounds really cliché, the phrase “Keep Calm and Carry On” is important to me, for a couple different reasons
- I’m super interested in history and the use of phrases as propaganda throughout wartime histories (i.e. “Loose Lips Sink Ships,” “Better Dead Than Red,” etc.)
- I believe that only way to successfully get through life is to make sure that every single day, no matter what happens, even if you forget everything else, remember that we have to “Keep Moving Forward” (a quote coined by Walt Disney)
These are all of the most relevant points. Let me know if you have any questions, comments, concerns, etc. and I’ll get back to you ASAP.
Be well, do good work.